Experienced, knowledgeable, welcoming teachers. Great energy. A fantastic community. The first time you come to the studio, arrive 15 minutes early. This will give you time to register at the front desk, fill out a waiver, and get prepared for class. Wear comfortable clothing and a smile.
Bring your mat or, if you do not have your own yoga mat, we have yoga mats for sale and to borrow (for free) at the studio. It’s a good idea to bring a towel if you plan on going into a warm class – the sweatier you get, the more slippery your mat will become. Bring a water bottle.
Most importantly, come to the studio with an open mind and an open heart. Give yourself time to get familiar with the yoga practice. Like any new activity, it will take a few classes to get familiar with the new poses you are learning, the new muscles you are discovering, and the new language you will be hearing. The more you come, the more natural the yoga practice will become. You will get stronger with every practice, physically and mentally. It is a journey, not a destination, so enjoy and be kind to yourself.
If you are coming to another one of our wellness classes, the same concepts apply!
Be sure to ask about our special new student special: 2 Weeks For $29! This special monthly unlimited rate cannot be shared. This unlimited rate cannot be returned for a refund.
To make your registration process stress-free, please complete the waiver from our “class sign up” button via the Mind Body App.
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive early. Getting to class 15 minutes early gives you time to sign in, relax and prepare to practice. We understand that situations occur; however, arriving late to class can be disruptive to others. If you come late, please prepare yourself for class at the door and have your mat ready to unroll quietly as you enter the room.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Help us keep the studio clean!
- Please turn off cell phones before entering the studio, all the way off… we can hear it vibrating during class.
- Bring a mat, towel and water to class. All items are available for purchase in our Boutique.
- Read class descriptions and take the class that’s appropriate for your level of experience. You will enjoy your class more and maximize the benefits.
- Tell your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions that might affect your practice. We can suggest modifications and help you enjoy your practice more.
- Practice good hygiene and avoid wearing scents.
- Keep your gear fresh and clean. From your yoga clothing to your mat and yogi toes, regular cleaning is appreciated. Writing your name on your mat and/or yogi toes will help you identify it if you lose it or forget it in the studio.
- Wipe up your “liquid energy” (also called sweat). After class, pick up and neatly put away blocks and straps.
- Speak in hushed tones before and after class. Be mindful of the volume of your conversations.
- Savasana is essential to your practice. If you must leave before class ends, allow yourself a few minutes in Savasana to seal in the benefits of your shortened practice.
- The most important thing… enjoy yourself and have fun with your yoga practice!
There are many different styles of yoga. Some styles are fast paced and vigorous while others are gentle and slow-moving. All of the styles of yoga have benefits, so evaluating your individual needs and personality type will help point you in the right direction. Skull Shine Studios pop up location will offer the SkullShine 60 classes, as well as ASANA LAB and Basics classes. There will be many more offerings at the permanent location, coming soon!
- Brings balance and harmony to the body, mind and spirit.
- Helps with strength, flexibility range of motion and balance
- Calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety
- Revitalizes the body and mind
- Slows heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases circulation
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Helps to detoxify system
- Improves function of internal organs
- Balances muscular system
- Increases metabolism and energy
- Can help reduce depression, stress and insomnia